Friday, December 14, 2012

Do you know me?


They ask me, “which people do you know?”… “which people do you understand?”… 
Do I know you, those in need, do I get that you aspire, and how much? Do I know you, with just enough… you who won’t look back but just ahead, ahead to those who have a lot, and who don’t look back at you when they pass you by? Do I get you, the Kings, do I know what you possibly may want more when you have more than all of it put together? 
Do I know you, quiet ones, who are constantly looking for something else, something not of this era… or you, the restless, breathing so hard, as if to turn the direction of the winds… 
Do I know, that a father will always love his daughter, or that a mother would always give up a bite to feed her child…
Or that a friend would always lie to the world for you, and never let you down. That you would do the same many times over, forever.
 That a lover would always make this world real, that an absence of whom would make the sun burn your skin, and the rain freeze you to the core, the wind blow you away along with itself.
Do I know, that a hard day’s work is priceless, that the price attached with it is just an acknowledgement. That, existence is an acknowledgement of the soul, that if anything that is more than this comes along, is immeasurable happiness.
Do I know that your feet don’t want to rest when you are happy, that you try not to cry when you are angry.
Do I know that you feel your heart beating when you doubt that you are alive. Reassurance. That you live for that every day.
Do I know you, and the other world that rests in your eyes, a world you dream of everyday, and work for everyday, and go through everyday just to be a little close to it. A world that is happiness for you, a satisfaction, a freedom, individuality, an idea.
Which one of you do I know best? Do I know the dreams, the urgency, the sorrow, the expectations, the fears, the joy, the faith… or is it only you?
I am you, in one form, you are me in another. I transform into you today, you into me tomorrow. Then how can I not know you all? How can I limit myself to only one, when I become all, every second, every day?
And when they ask me which people I know best, I tell them- that as long as you all are human beings, I know you all. I see you all.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. It's amazing how effortlessly I can connect to each and every word above, and also in the other posts as well.

    You write really well. Looking forward to much more interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jatin, that's really encouraging.
    Hope you'd feel the same about more posts that come along...

    ReplyDelete