Monday, November 7, 2011


Moon talk

In the darkness and tranquillity, shielded by a layer of nothingness, you are not in the mood to show off today. Maybe it is because you are so confident that no one can ever do better than you, that no matter what, occasionally a pair of lost eyes would look at you as if looking for an answer, or maybe reassurance. But you can’t fool everyone. You won’t fool me. I see something has put you off. And I don’t blame you. In this half hearted attempt of yours, and in this disappointment of mine, we gain proximity. I tell you about the dried up fallen leaves, you tell me about the stars gone into hiding, that you miss them so. The spark and celebration; those stars borrowed by us down here. 

I have not forgotten those moments of joy when you would generously turn black into silver, when you would make us wait to catch a glimpse of you, when you know many are looking at the empty darkness up there, that you would appear like a beautiful bride to be, ready to be married away... to have a look that one last time. Today, I see your indifference, resignation; it is not a cheerful sight. You avoid my eyes, it annoys me. What is it that I do not know? No secret between you and me, I ask for a moment of trust. 

In the silence up there, you wonder while trying to read the expressions on these yelling faces next to me, sound not reaching you, I know you are amused.  But I see through that smug look, when I feel your eyes resting on me while I struggle. This pretence, impassiveness is a distraction, while you waste away to grant me that silver light, I add a drop of water in this sea next to me so that a little of it goes back to you, the silver that was yours is a part of me and a bit of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment